Crafting a quiz that assigns a specific type or outcome stands as an artful amalgamation of strategic design and interactive engagement. Whether aimed at personality assessment or knowledge evaluation, the ability to make a quiz that offer tailored results holds immense value.
With the help of the QSM plugin, we will explore conditional logic, question structuring, and more to explain the ways to construct compelling quizzes that seamlessly assign diverse outcomes based on participant responses.
Exploring Diverse Outcomes in Quizzes
Various outcomes can emerge from quizzes, tailored to meet specific objectives. Some common types include;
- Personality Types: These outcomes categorize individuals based on traits, such as introvert/extrovert, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), or specific personality archetypes. It is one of the most used types of quiz that generates people’s behavior type or certain outcomes related to their personality.
- Product/Service Recommendations: These quizzes can suggest suitable products, services, or solutions based on users’ preferences, needs, or behaviors, facilitating personalized recommendations.
- Health/Wellness Assessments: Quizzes designed to evaluate health conditions, mental well-being, or lifestyle choices, providing insights or recommendations based on the responses.
- Knowledge Evaluation: With advanced questions and logic quizzes you can assess knowledge, categorizing respondents as beginners, intermediate, or advanced based on their quiz performance. You can set result conditions to make the evaluation more individual students’ specific.
- Career Path or Skill Matching: Identifying suitable career paths, skills, or professions aligned with respondents’ strengths, interests, or aptitudes.
These outcomes cater to diverse purposes, ranging from entertainment and engagement to providing valuable insights, recommendations, or guidance to the quiz takers.
How to make a quiz that assigns a type/outcome?
There are different ways to create a quiz and distinct outcomes that can be assigned to a quiz. But the question here is how? So there are different tools or plugins through which we can create online quizzes. Specifically talking about WordPress, there are many form builder plugins and one of them is Quiz and Survey Master.
QSM provides you with the best features to create any outcome-based quizzes for your online websites. There are different ways through which you can create an outcome-based quiz.
Let’s look into all the features and add-ons that QSM has to make a quiz that assigns a type/outcome.
1. Logic-based outcome
Conditional logic is one of the most used and valid ways to create an outcome-based quiz. QSM has a Logic Addon that allows you to add conditional logic to your quiz to hide/show questions based on the response to your previous question.
The logic feature can help you with an outcome quiz – this addon allows you to display a question based on specific conditions. Such as, you can choose to show a question when the answer to the previous question matches a certain response or doesn’t match it.
Additionally, you can decide to reveal or hide a question depending on whether the selected answer is greater than or less than a specified value. Then this shows different outcomes for your respondents based on their answer combinations.
You can create trivia, product recommendations kind of outcome-based quizzes through logic addon.
2. Condition-based outcome
The QSM plugin offers another useful feature—you can generate condition-based outcomes for your quiz by designing distinct result pages and applying conditions to them. When aiming to create a quiz that assigns specific outcomes or types, it implies tailoring result pages based on respondents’ answers.
For instance, in a trivia quiz, if a participant scores 70% correct answers, the result page will display the relative outcome along with personalized congratulatory messages or advice as appropriate.
In QSM, you can set conditions for your result page and when that condition is fulfilled a specific result page is shown to respondents. Otherwise, if based on the conditions the quiz response is not met then another result page will be shown.
Besides, there is another way to custom result page by using Template Variables that help in making a function run. These template variables are HTML tags like keyworded codes that can be inserted in the result page to customize the result page based on the outcomes.
Above two are the main points that can help you to make a quiz that assigns an outcome. However, assigning a certain outcome when creating a quiz also requires to use of multiple question types that push respondents toward answering in a certain way.
- Multiple question types – QSM has various question types like multiple-choice, short answers, dropdown, fill in the blanks, etc. QSM also comes up advanced question types add-on that allows you to include advanced questions like matching pairs, checkbox grid, and radio grid.
- Leaderboards – There are more features in QSM plugin that can be used in some way or the other in creating quizzes or surveys. But for specifically outcome-based quiz, QSM plugin has leaderboard add-on that displays result outcomes in a unique graphical way.
In conclusion, creating a quiz that assigns a type or outcome involves thoughtful planning and strategic question design. By crafting relevant questions, defining clear criteria for each type or outcome, and leveraging conditional logic, you can develop an engaging and personalized quiz experience.